Inspired by the #MeToo movement, NCADV is introducing a similar concept focused on domestic violence. This movement will help debunk common myths about domestic violence. In an effort to destigmatize domestic violence, and as a reflection of our mission to amplify the voices of domestic violence survivors, we have implemented the #SurvivorSpeaks hashtag.
#MeToo shows us that cultural and social change is obtainable when the conversation is made accessible to all. Our hope is that #SurvivorSpeaks will empower survivors to come forward with strength and share stories that need to be told, which will continue to bring awareness to this issue that impacts millions of women.
Because when a #SurvivorSpeaks, it's powerful.
You can play an important role in raising awareness about domestic violence and showing your support for victims and survivors. Taking action with NCADV on social media gives you a chance to have a voice in the conversation about domestic violence.
NCADV's 2018 Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) Toolkit includes ...
- Easy-to-print placards to use in selfies, including options for #SurvivorSpeaks and the classic #TakeAStand
- A curated blog post collection educating readers about domestic violence
- Sample social media messages
- 27 educational graphics about domestic violence statistics
- More information about how you can get involved as a voice against domestic violence all year long.