Working closely with NCADV’s President/CEO, Deputy Director, and Board of Directors, the Director of Philanthropy (DOP) will be responsible for building NCADV’s philanthropic practice and securing and sustaining major support and long-term investment for NCADV’s on-going programs, projects and activities. The DOP will drive NCADV’s immediate and long-term strategic fundraising strategy; work to identify, cultivate, and secure major corporate, civic, and individual funding; and will strengthen NCADV’s planned giving, fundraising campaigns, and other fundraising endeavors (as assigned).
Minimum Requirements & Skills:
• Commitment to the mission of NCADV and demonstrate commitment to zero tolerance for domestic violence
• 3 to 5 years’ specific experience in major donor and large corporate sponsor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
• Knowledge of and comfort with major donors/large corporate sponsors
• Experience in endowment, capital campaigns, and planned giving a plus
• Understands fundraising principles and ethics; giving methods; importance of donor stewardship, and accountability
• Experience with E-Tapestry (Blackbaud) or comparable donor management software
• Excellent speaking/writing, intuitive communications skills and listening/interpersonal skills
• Exemplary writing skills
• Marketing experience a plus
• Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook), Adobe, and Google Suite
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, highly disciplined, and trustworthy
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Positive, respectful team player, adept at working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Detail oriented, with strong project management and follow-through skills
• Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks
• Able to anticipate and solve problems
• Must be able to interact professionally with team members, board members, current and prospective donors and sponsors, partners/allies, and constituents
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required from an accredited college or university; advanced degree a plus
• Ability to travel and work outside normal business hours when needed
Other information: Must be physically mobile and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, and lift 20+ pounds. The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and support to the Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The NCADV is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Learn more about NCADV at www.ncadv.org.
Commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package
How to apply:
Individuals interested in the position should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Gretchen Shaw, email@example.com no later than Friday, May 25th, 2018. Please use subject line “NCADV Director of Philanthropy.”
The cover letter and resume must document that your qualifications align with the required knowledge, skills, and education and detail how you have demonstrated the highly desirable competencies listed above. Please also include a statement regarding your personal philosophy about domestic violence / violence against women.
Be sure you include your salary requirements. No phone calls.
NCADV is a 501(c)3 and an EEO/AA employer.
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence1 Broadway, Ste. B-210 DenverDenver, CO 80203Phone: 3038391852
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!