The SPAN Shelter Counselor/Advocate provides trauma-informed individual and group counseling support, crisis intervention, case management, and advocacy to adult shelter residents to increase stability factors in their lives and access needed services and resources.
Additionally assists in assuring counseling support & services are provided to shelter residents by competent staff, interns & volunteers; assists with crisis line support; develops and sustains community contacts and resources; promotes a shelter environment based on respect and nonviolence; supports social justice efforts that positively impact survivors and their children.
A full job description can be found here: http://www.safehousealliance.org/about-span/employment-opportunities/
• Excellent interpersonal and community-building skills; Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, training & presentation skills.
• Bilingual Spanish-speaking skills preferred/highly desired.
• BA required; Masters in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or related field preferred; or equivalent experience.
• Counseling experience working with intimate partner abuse, social justice counseling, trauma and addictions, and providing resources to survivors.
• Experience & knowledge of social justice issues, particularly battering, violence against women & children, and of racial, class, and gender/sexual orientation issues.
Annually salary for this full-time position is $32,000 with an opportunity for an increase at the employee’s 6 month review. Excellent benefits including subsidized health insurance, reduced-rate Eco-Pass, vacation, and work in a dynamic and diverse setting. Strong Commitment to Affirmative Action: SPAN is an EEOA employer.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence835 North St BoulderBoulder, CO 80304Phone: 3034498623
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!