Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN) is a human rights organization committed to ending violence against children, youth, and adults through counseling, advocacy, education, and community organizing. SPAN is a multiethnic, anti-racist, inclusive organization dedicated to peace and non-violence for all survivors and their and families.
The Shelter Child and Youth Advocate provides therapeutic support, case management and advocacy to children, youth and parents served through the SPAN shelter program; develops and sustains community contacts and resources available to shelter families; promotes a shelter environment based on respect and nonviolence; supports social justice efforts that positively impact children & families.
• Intakes, assessments, and treatment planning for children and youth within shelter.
• Trauma-informed, strengths-based, and client-defined advocacy and case management for children, youth, and parents.
• Parenting support, intervention, and education regarding parenting issues, child development, and impacts of DV on children & families.
• Facilitating play and support groups for children; facilitating psychoeducational support groups for parents.
• Expanding and enhancing children and youth program in shelter.
• Coordinating referrals and services with community agencies and schools.
• Interfacing with Child Protective Services (CPS), and advocating for parents and children involved with CPS.
• Assisting in recruitment, training, scheduling & supervision of children’s volunteers and interns.
• Assisting with crisis line coverage, shelter screenings and intakes, crisis counseling, advocacy, referrals, and case management for all residents.
• Assuring SPAN shelter of coverage, through rotating shifts including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Maintains client files, timely documentation, and prepares monthly reports and time sheets.
• Social justice outreach, education, and organizing; building excellent collaborative relationships with community partners.
• Supporting an environment based in respect, the utilization of ethical communication, and adherence to the organization’s non-negotiables.
• Other duties as assigned by the Shelter Program Director or Executive Director.
• B.A. or equivalent required; Master’s in Counseling Psych, Social Work, or related field preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and community-building skills
• Experience working with children and youth who have witnessed DV, and experienced trauma or abuse
• Strong knowledge of parenting issues and experience working with parents
• Strong written and oral communication skills; Spanish bilingual desired
• Experience & knowledge of social justice issues particularly regarding gender-based violence, privilege and oppression, and systemic inequalities
Strong Commitment to Affirmative Action: SPAN is an EEOA employer. Annual salary is $32,000 (with increase to $33,000 possible after 6 months), excellent benefits including subsidized health insurance, reduced-rate Eco-Pass, generous vacation time, and work in a dynamic and diverse setting.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume review begins immediately. No calls please.
Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence835 North St BoulderBoulder, CO 80304Phone: 3034498623
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!