Working closely with NCADV’s President/CEO and key NCADV staff, stakeholders and consultants, the Project Director, Conferences and Events (PDCE) will manage NCADV’s annual conference, biennial lobby day and other NCADV events. The PDCE will provide critical support to NCADV to ensure projects are being coordinated effectively, delivered on time and within budget. They will also be responsible for the stewardship of NCADV event sponsors to ensure partnership commitments are met and relationships remain positive and strong.
· Coordinate and manage all logistical needs for NCADV conferences and events including but not limited to: event committees, contracts, audiovisual, food and beverage events, third-party services, scheduling, agendas and programs, printing and shipping deadlines, online conference platforms, on-site operations, and conference/event apps;
· Work closely with President/CEO on conference and event site selection, contract negotiation and procurement;
· Collaborate with key NCADV team members, stakeholders and/or consultants on the overall conference and event planning and deliverables including but not limited to communications, themes, content, event materials, and reports;
· Develop and manage conference and event budgets;
· Serve as the main point-of-contact for all conference related questions and issues;
· Create and manage conference and event timelines, deadlines and schedules;
· Work closely with key NCADV team members to market and communicate conference and event information, deadlines, content, and agendas to the general public and conference attendees; help write, design and produce conference and event-related materials and products; schedule and secure shipping, storage and delivery of all materials and products needed for each event;
· Collaborate with key NCADV team members to solicit, select, secure, and schedule conference and event speakers; if necessary, help negotiate speaker agreements, scheduling and secure speaker needs;
· Coordinate and direct annual award and scholarship application and selection process; communicate directly with all recipients to secure presence at events and negotiated needs;
· When applicable, work closely with contractors and contracted services; monitor contracts and deliverables; oversee on-site operations; secure follow up information and reports;
· Monitor contracted housing blocks and venue deliverables; negotiate any needed changes to benefit NCADV;
· Secure and direct outside vendors such as photographers, florists, caterers, etc.; work closely with President/CEO to negotiate and secure any third-party contracts or agreements for any event;
· Oversee and manage event software (Cvent Flex) and additional components (Cvent Event in a Box; Crowd Compass event app); monitor registration; generate conference and event-related reports; ensure all systems are functioning correctly and troubleshoot any issues that arise; ensure all event information is available both online and in conference app;
· Work with conference and event sponsors and/or partners to ensure their needs and requests are met and that relationships are nurtured and remain positive.
Other information: Must be physically mobile and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, and lift 20+ pounds. The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and support to the Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
· Minimum three years of proven conference coordination and event management experience; Bachelor’s degree or certification in meeting or event planning preferred;
· Experience with analysis, negotiation and implementation of contract agreements and processes; familiarity with industry best practices;
· Excellent time management and communication skills; demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work timely and accurately; well-organized;
· Experience with Cvent Flex (including Cvent “Event in a Box” and Crowd Compass App);
· Experience successfully leading to adhere to timelines and deadlines;
· Experience managing event and conference budgets;
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
· Strong Microsoft Office 10 and Google skills; experience with online applications;
· Exceptional team player with the flexibility and willingness to step in when needed;
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to work and interact with diverse populations;
· Ability to set priorities when multiple demands and competing needs are presented;
· Experience managing and projecting housing block utilization a plus;
· Experience in the field of working on issues violence against women and domestic violence a plus.
The NCADV is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your knowledge, experience and skills.
Learn more about NCADV at www.ncadv.org.
NCADV is a 501(c)3 and an EEO/AA employer.
Individuals interested in the position should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Gretchen Shaw, email@example.com no later than Friday, January 18, 2019. Please use the subject line “NCADV Project Director, Conferences and Events.”
The cover letter and resume must document that your qualifications align with the required knowledge, skills, experience and education and detail how you have demonstrated the highly desirable competencies listed above. Please also include a statement (no more than one half page) regarding your personal philosophy about domestic violence / violence against women. Also, include your salary requirements. Applicants will also be considered for interview based on adherence to “how to apply” guidelines provided above.
Phone calls will not be accepted regarding this position. We do encourage visiting www.ncadv.org/conference to learn more about the annual conference.
The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence1 Broadway, Ste. B-210 DenverDenver, CO 80203Phone: 3038391852
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!