YWCA is on a mission! As a social justice organization, YWCA Evanston/North Shore seeks to raise awareness on the issues of racial and gender equity. We affect real change by providing women and girls’ health, safety, economic advancement, and racial justice programs and services. YWCA Evanston North Shore improves the lives of women and families, and services the northeast metropolitan Chicago area. Located in Evanston, we are minutes from the lakefront and easily accessible by public transportation.
YWCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are proud of our commitment to our diverse workforce. YWCA Evanston North Shore encourages work/life balance, offers a competitive benefits package and generous paid time off programs. Learn more at: www.ywca-ens.org.
With a deep commitment to creating a warm, welcoming, and trauma-informed space for all, our Community Counselor provides counseling and case management services to community-based clients of the Domestic Violence Program of YWCA Evanston/North Shore. The Community Counselor is a self-directed individual who embraces the opportunity to build strong relationships with youth, parents, community leaders, and community partners increasing awareness of, and access to our services.
Counseling and Case Management
· Provides trauma-informed individual and group counseling, case management services and referrals to survivors requesting community-based services.
· Establishes relationships with clients drawing on motivational interviewing, and client centered approaches. Provides conflict resolution when needed. Provides parenting feedback as required.
· Teach clients about the impact of trauma and demonstrates techniques that help clients learn relaxation, calming, soothing.
· Plans, coordinates, and facilitates support groups for youth and adults as needed.
· Administers an evaluation process to clients.
· Works as an integral and collaborative member of the Domestic Violence Program team and contributes to the case review process to ensure coordinated client support.
· Collaborates and coordinates with other involved service providers and professionals, such as school personnel, social workers, and mental health professionals to ensure effective case management.
· Completes and submits in a timely fashion all necessary reporting documentation, including written narratives on all interactions with clients.
· Oversees completion of intake paperwork for assigned clients.
· Submits monthly activity reports in timely fashion.
· Reports on goals and objectives identified in government and foundations grants as appropriate.
Community Outreach & Education
· Develops and implements a plan to identify and cultivate partnerships with key community partners to increase awareness of and referrals to our community based counseling services.
· Initiate efforts with local school districts to assist in the development of a screening and referral protocol for youth experiencing domestic violence, stalking, teen dating violence, and other forms of gender violence.
· Educate and inform community residents, leaders, groups, and coalitions about trauma and its causes and effects on individuals, along with available resources for recovery and healing.
· Works collaboratively with our Violence Prevention Team to conduct regular presentations in the community with an intentional focus on increasing awareness of our Domestic Violence Services and connecting victims to those services.
· Provides and attends staff meetings and trainings and participates in organization committees as requested.
· Pursues professional development.
· Understands and adheres to all of the YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as the YWCA Employee Handbook.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
· Occasional local IL travel
Education: A Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
Experience and/or Training:
• Three years counseling children, youth, adults, and families in a domestic violence and trauma-informed environment.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience with public speaking and training on issues of trauma and intimate partner violence.
• Successful completion of 40 hour domestic violence training and the ICDVP exam (within 12 months) required.
• Valid driver’s license, insurance required, and reliable access to personal transportation required.
• LCSW, LCPC preferred
Technology/Equipment: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to list the position title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
YWCA Evanston/North ShoreEvanston, IL 60201Phone: 8478648445
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!