The Crisis Counselor provides critical support to callers of the 24-hour crisis line, and support and assistance to residents of our emergency shelter. They are the primary in-shelter staff person providing assistance to shelter residents and ensuring a safe and supportive environment.
This part-time benefits eligible position provides coverage for 3 critical shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights to help ensure 24/7 coverage and works closely with the local police department offering resources and support to individuals encountering a domestic violence situation and providing assistance, as needed, to officers responding to a domestic violence situation. This role requires a natural trouble shooter with strong emotional intelligence, communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to offering compassionate, trauma-informed support to a diverse group of callers and residents.
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required.
Experience and/or Training:
• Previous experience working with children, youth, adults, and families who are in crisis situations and/or have experienced domestic violence required
• Bilingual in Spanish or other languages a plus.
• Three years counseling children, youth, adults, and families on issues related to domestic/intimate partner/family violence and offering support to individuals who have experienced trauma preferred
• Successful completion of 40 hour domestic violence training (within 3 months) or previously completed 40 hour domestic violence training.
• Successful completion of ICDVP exam (within 12 months) or previous successful completion of ICDVP exam.
Technology/Equipment: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
YWCA Evanston/North Shore1215 Church StreetEvanston, IL 60201Phone: 847-864-8445
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!