The Residential Specialist is a constant champion of parents and children. This role advances trauma informed care and participant-centered principles and practices to shelter residents of the Domestic Violence Program of YWCA Evanston/North Shore. The Residential Support Specialist embodies a deep commitment to creating a warm and welcoming space for all, and will spend most of their time engaging with residents; taking every opportunity to compassionately build supportive resident relationships, role model appropriate behavior and boundaries, and create a healthy, healing shelter environment.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent skills and experience preferred
Experience and/or Training:
• Experience working with children, youth, adults, and families and offering support to individuals who have experienced trauma.
• Previous experience working with children, youth, adults, and families on issues related to domestic/intimate partner/family violence preferred
• Previous residential experience desirable
• Bilingual in Spanish or other languages a plus
• Successful completion of 40 hour domestic violence training within 3 months or previous completion of 40 hour domestic violence training
• ICDVP exam completion within 12 months or previous successful completion
• Food sanitation license within 6 months or valid food sanitation license
Technology/Equipment: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
YWCA Evanston/North Shore1215 Church StreetEvanston, IL 60201Phone: 847-864-8445
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!