The mission of Sojourner House is to promote healthy relationships by providing culturally sensitive support, advocacy, housing, and education for victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking; and to effect systems change
BASIC FUNCTION: This position is responsible for providing trauma-informed psychotherapy primarily to Spanish-speaking clients receiving services from Sojourner House, a comprehensive domestic and sexual violence agency. The Bilingual Clinician will provide effective mental health intervention to assigned clients, maintaining necessary clinical documentation and records and appropriate communication with other Sojourner House staff.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES (in descending order of priority):
• Provide individual counseling to Spanish-speaking clients of Sojourner House who have experienced psychological trauma as a result of exposure to domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or human trafficking.
• Perform initial screening, intake and assessment, crisis intervention, counseling, client education, referral, treatment planning, and consultation for Spanish-speaking clients.
• Facilitate therapeutic groups for Spanish-speaking clients.
• Communicate with other Sojourner House staff and with involved agencies and providers as appropriate to support clients’ care, while observing laws, policies, and professional standards protecting client confidentiality.
• Comply with mandated reporting requirements and immediately communicate all concerns about child abuse and neglect to DCYF as mandated by law.
• Complete data entry and clinical documentation and submit necessary reports as required for grant compliance and billing reimbursements. Prepare and deliver community presentations when requested. Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Clinical Services.
• Support Sojourner House’s philosophy of client empowerment and respect for individual choices.
• Develop and implement a plan of care with ongoing consumer input.
• Apply knowledge of knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis (DSM 5) and primary methodologies of psychotherapy.
• Travel between Sojourner House program sites as needed to provide therapy services.
• Maintain knowledge and familiarity of mental health and/or substance abuse and other related community agencies and refer as appropriate.
• Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written) is required.
• Must be registered or certified with, or licensed by, either the Rhode Island Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline, the Rhode Island Board of Registration of Social Workers, the Rhode Island Board of Psychology, or the Rhode Island Department of Health as a Mental Health Counselor or a Therapist in Marriage or Family Practice, or by an equivalent state licensing authority. LICSW preferred. Please do not apply for this position without proper licensure, and please indicate in your cover letter which license you hold.
• Professional experience and training in providing trauma-informed therapy to clients who have experienced or been exposed to violence.
• Extensive understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
• Experience working with clients who represent a variety of backgrounds, and an advanced understanding of how to provide culturally competent care while recognizing the impact of oppression on marginalized groups.
• Ability to maintain a calm and professional manner during crisis or emergency situations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle, as this position requires travel between sites.
Does not need to based in RI.
part-time fee-for-service hourly rate
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references to Jessica Stults, Director of Clinical Services, at email@example.com with subject line “Bilingual Clinician.” Please ensure that you address how your license and experience comply with the above-mentioned requirements, and please also address your hourly rate in your cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close on Aug 14, 2020. Sojourner House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sojourner House386 Smith StProvidence, RI 02908Phone: 4018616191Fax: Sojourner House
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.