Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks an experienced professional organization as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Each year, Rose Brooks Center reaches over 14,000 individuals and their pets, with a mission to end the cycle of domestic violence. Rose Brooks Center is a 501(c)(3) organization with an annual operating budget of approximately $8 million.
The CEO serves as chief executive of Rose Brooks Center and reports directly to the Board of Directors and the Board Executive Committee. Together with the Board, the CEO provides vision and leadership and is responsible for the success of the organization. The CEO assures the accomplishment of the agency’s mission, vision, values and philosophies, relevance to the community and the accountability to those we serve. The CEO will lead and have final decision making authority on all significant decisions impacting the organization including but not limited to personnel practices and matters, mentoring, preparation of a strategic plan outlining priorities and resource allocation for Board approval, maintaining relationships with key donors and community leaders, maintaining strong ratings from charity rating agencies, strategic decisions regarding resource allocation, new programs or program modifications, oversight of accounting, financial reporting and grant applications and compliance.
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience/qualifications; medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer paid Life Insurance, AD&D, and Long Term Disability, supplemental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program; and generous paid time off that includes vacation, personal time, sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Business, Organizational Development or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position in or related to Domestic Violence preferred, or the equivalent experience in trauma stewardship and trauma informed care.
• Position is based in Kansas City and requires candidate to work in Kansas City location.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
• Commitment to Results: The CEO is a systems thinker, who is customer focused and goal driven; action-oriented and innovative. This person translates vision into high level strategic thinking and ultimately planning/effective delivery of services. This requires a strong work ethic and a high degree of energy.
• Business Savvy: This position requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas: financial and expense management, human resources and human relations, fund and grant management, program management and day-to-day non-profit operations. Specific requirements include:
o Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff and Board of Directors.
o Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
o Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the grant application process.
o Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
o Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating and mentoring skills.
• Leading Change: This individual shares in Rose Brooks Center’s values, mission, vision, philosophies, and culture, demonstrates transparent and high integrity leadership, models behavior and deals effectively with demanding situations while assisting in design/implementation of interventions.
• Commitment to Equity and Inclusion: The CEO is committed to equity and inclusion through the intentional and continuous development of awareness and skills to provide a safe, respectful and welcoming environment. This individual embraces this process by engaging with and responding with staff and community through reflection, advocacy and support.
• Inspiration and Motivation: The CEO leads and guides continuity, change and transition; this includes the ability to envision and effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, the Board, volunteers, and the overall community. The CEO knows how to influence, inspire, encourage, and motivate others.
• Other Requirements:
o Ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems, balance multiple tasks/high-stress simultaneously, and make rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
o Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the Board, committees, volunteers, donors, clients and community members.
o Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
o Practices self-care and trauma stewardship.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: CEOApplications@rosebrooks.org or
Human Resources, P.O. Box 320599, Kansas City, MO. 64132
Candidates must consent to background screenings.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly competitive pay and benefits.
Rose Brooks CenterPO Box 320599Kansas City, MO 64132Phone: 816.523.5550
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Associate and Affiliate Members receive unlimited job postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.