The Youth Development/Court Advocate/DV/SA/Empowerment/PREA provides comprehensive direct counseling and advocacy services to youth who are primary or secondary victims of domestic abuse and/or sexual assault. Also engages in outreach and education to county schools and other youth-serving programs in the community.
Within this context, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human services, Social Work, Psychology from an accredited university. Minimum of two years hands on experience working in youth programs.
• Must have access to reliable transportation and meet all work schedule requirements, including on-site visits to Granville County Schools. Clean driving record is a must.
• Computer literate (good typing skills and proficient with Microsoft office)
• Previous grant writing and management experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop trusting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to provide effective advocacy services, in person, by telephone, or email to a wide range of ethnic and cultural populations.
• Familiar with Granville County public schools, neighborhoods, and youth serving agencies
• Understanding relevant practices of youth development while maintaining strict adherence to all mandatory reporting laws and sustaining strict client confidentiality.
• Self-directed, flexible, and dependable team member with excellent work ethics
• Ability to provide services unencumbered by any personal history of sexual assault or domestic violence.
Families Living Violence Free211 W. Antioch Drive Henrahand CottageOxford, NC 27565Phone: 19196933579Fax: Families Living Violence
Visit our website
@Families Living Viol
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Associate and Affiliate Members receive unlimited job postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Contact email@example.com for more details.