Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Evening Shelter Program Supervisor
About the agency. Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,700 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to nearly 300 people who use abuse. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship(SUCCESS). In addition, the principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma informed care) and continuous improvement infuse all aspects of the organization.
About the role. As the Evening Shelter Program Supervisor, you will provide leadership, supervision, and in-person and on-call support to employees of the Shelter Program, including supporting and coordinating needs related to case management, building and resident safety, and other client needs. This position works in collaboration with the Daytime Shelter Program Supervisor to effectively meet employee and client needs within the Shelter Program.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your crisis management, administrative, mentorship, and leadership, skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. The successful candidate will have at least two years of supervisory experience, and at least two years of experience working in direct service at a victim services or human services agency. If you are passionate about working with populations experiencing intimate partner violence, we are eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Here's what you will do:
• Participate in employee lifecycle of position(s) supervised, including hiring, developing, training, providing effective performance feedback, participating in the performance management system, problem-solving, ensuring tasks are appropriately delegated and completed, and taking appropriate corrective action to address performance and conduct issues
• Oversee, support, mentor, and guide advocates on duty by directly working with them, learning their duties, understanding their needs, and checking in with them daily; provide leadership, proactive planning, and problem-solving support to all advocates on duty
• Learn and understand essential duties of positions supervised and provides direct back-up and support, as needed
• Provide on-site crisis intervention supervision to all Shelter Program staff during typical work hours
• Provide on-call crisis intervention supervision to all Shelter Program staff and coverage back-up if required during designated on-call hours
• Perform administrative functions and submits in a timely manner all personnel, financial, IT, and facilities documentation
• The position requires being available Monday through Friday, 2:00p to 10:00p, plus on-call supervision Monday through Friday 10:00p to 8:00a, as needed (both the Daytime Shelter Program Supervisor and the Evening Shelter Program Supervisor take part in Weekend On-Call Supervisor rotation)
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Here’s what we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related area required (commensurate experience will be considered); Master’s
• At least two (2) years of direct service experience in victim services or human service agency required; experience
in residential programs preferred
• At least two (2) years of supervisory, mentoring, or leadership experience required
• Demonstrated ability to regulate emotions and effectively manage crises required
• Comfortable with autonomy and working as a team
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of
abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
• Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect, and rapport with others
• Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
• Strong command of general technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite is required; familiarity
and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams strongly preferred
• Desire to work in an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of its values
• Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
About the benefits. WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan with employer matching; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; Headspace meditation and mindfulness app subscription; Access Perks membership; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service [Student] Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer. WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, place of birth, hairstyle, age, disability, using guide or support animals for a disability, genetic information (including family medical history), familial status, citizenship status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
How to Apply
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line “Evening Shelter Program Supervisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
PO Box 9024
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Visit our website
Edit your job posting
Submitting your job posting...