Turning Pointe Domestic Violence Services has been providing shelter and services for victims of domestic violence (DV) including women, children, men and family pets since 2000. We opened a staffed 54-bed shelter in 2008. We operate one of the largest domestic violence shelters in the State. Our shelter is unique in that we allow clients to bring their pets to the shelter. This is especially important as victims of domestic violence often stay in an abusive home as they are not willing to
SUMMARY: The Deputy Director is a key position and answers to the Executive Director of Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy Center (Turning Pointe or TP), a private, non-profit domestic violence service agency (www.turningpointe.org) in Mason County. The Deputy Director assists the Executive Director in managing the activities of TP, is a member of the leadership team of the organization and has integral responsibilities related to the financial sustainability of the organization. While this job is to assist the Executive Director as part of the leadership team, this position is multi-faceted and the most desirable candidate will demonstrate experience in fund development and community relations.
• Strong management, business, organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated performance in shelter management, social support systems, customer service, client relations, program monitoring, personnel management, labor relations, budgeting, accounting and systems management.
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn emerging technologies.
• Degree in Fundraising related field and/or Public Administration, Social Work, Business Administration, Non-Profit Administration or related field or equivalent. Fundraising Management Certificate or CFRE desired.
• Donor solicitation experience.
• Donor database management experience.
• Experience in creating and/or sustaining a fundraising infrastructure.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as part of a team.
• Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to communicate a compelling case for donations to a charitable organization.
• A record of fundraising success for a single organization over 3 or more years.
• Proven success in designing and managing donor and/or member relation programs.
• Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors.
SALARY: TP offers competitive pay, benefits and flexible schedules. The Deputy Director starting compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Dependent on experience
Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy CenterPO Box 2014, 210 Pacific Ct SheltonShelton, WA 98584Phone: 3604261216Fax: 360-426-2922
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Take advantage of your membership and post your jobs today!
Current NCADV Organization Members receive unlimited job and event postings, a $50 savings per post!
Job openings are hosted on NCADV's website, reaching thousands of interested people per month.
You don't have to be a member to post a job. We offer a job posting purchase option to people who aren't members. Buy your 30 day job posting today for $50!